Structural Fire Protection in Tunnelling
Separation of fire sections
Rescue routes must be kept smoke-free. This can be achieved with locks or positive pressure ventilation. Escape and rescue routes must be separated in terms of fire protection so that each tube, each rescue tunnel and every rescue shaft can be classified as an individual fire zone.
Tested quality & safety in tunnel construction
As the market leader in constructional fire protection in traffic tunnel systems, the subject of safety is of central importance to us. To guarantee a maximum of safety, our products as well as their manufacturing processes are subject to a continuous, independent quality control.
The current, summarized expertise by Materialprüfanstalt Dresden [material test body Dresden] certifies that our products fully fulfill the requirements of RABT, ZTV-ING part 5 para. 4 and TL/TP TTT.
This means that our products can be used without reservations for tunnel projects.
The products for the tunnel area where evaluated with respect to the following basics:
- EG Tunnel directive 2004/54/EG
- RABT 2006 – Guidelines for the equipment and the operation of street tunnels
- ZTV-Ing part 5 para. 4 – Technical operating equipment of street tunnels
- TL/TP TTT – Technical terms of delivery and technical test regulations for doors and gates in street tunnels
- DIN EN 60529 Protection types IP
To our catalogues
Fire protection according to RABT
References in tunnel construction
Reference list for download
Here you can download our reference list as PDF file.