Fire protection in the hotel sector
Product solutions for structural fire protection in hotels & accommodations
Product solutions for structural fire protection in new and existing buildings
Hotel planners and operators worldwide bear a high level of responsibility for the safety of their hotel guests. Fire protection is particularly important: if a fire occurs, it may place a large number of hotel guests in mortal danger.
To avoid these risks, the fire protection used must meet the following targets:
- Limiting the danger that a fire will break out
- Preventing fire and smoke from spreading
- Allowing all persons to leave the hotel safely
- Allowing rescue personnel to intervene
To effectively meet all of these protective goals in the long-term, there are a large number of regulations that must be fulfilled in Germany:
- MLAR – Model pipe installation directive
- MBeVO – Model lodging regulation
- Muster – Verordnung über den Bau und Betrieb von Beherbergungsstätten (Model regulation on the construction and operation of lodgings)
- Brandschutzkonzept für Hotel- und Beherbergungsbetriebe; Richtlinien für die Planung und den Betrieb (Fire protection concept for hotel and lodging operations; guidelines for planning and operation). VdS 2082 : 2003-02
- Recommendation of the council of 22 December 1986 on fire protection in existing hotels 86/666/EWG
- National building regulations and administrative specifications
- Occupational protection laws
- Guidelines for hold-open devices
Hotellobby (Bild: ©rilueda – stock.adobe.com)
Protected areas in hotel buildings
To learn more, simply click the numbers:
wall SYSTEM PRIOWALL
Find out more about our PRIOWALL wall system.
Take a look at our product selection of revision closures.
Catalogues & Brochures
Everything about products, services and information for download. So you can get comprehensive information – and in an environmentally friendly way.