Green Building Declaration according to LEED and DGNB
Since the beginning of this year, PRIORIT AG, a manufacturer of fire resistive components for the constructional fire protection, obtained the declaration for certification systems in the area of Green Buildings according to LEED and DGNB for 15 of its products and product groups.
The certification for sustainability of commercial and office buildings becomes more and more important for builders and operating companies. Sustainability has now the same significance as usefulness and it contributes to the increased prestige of the objects. The American system LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is held in high esteem in Germany and the adjacent countries and the same is true for the certification in accordance with DGNB (Deutsche Gesellschaft für nachhaltiges Bauen [German association for sustainable construction]). Both systems grant the certification “Green Building” respectively for a total project. In this connection, the components, building materials and auxiliary materials also are more significant – among others, with respect to environmental compatibility, health risk, resource protection or production conditions and domestic production.
The PRIORIT products with declarations for LEED and DGNB allow architects, planners and builders to target projects in a transparent manner for a Green Building certification and this already at the start for the construction materials used.
The following PRIORIT products can be found in the product database www.greenbuildingproducts.eu and they are declared according to LEED and DGNB:
- System 42 – Fire protection products
- PRIODEK-H – Non-flammable pre-cast concrete material with decorative surface
- PRIOWALL – Single layer, self-supporting wall system with decor surface
- PRIOWALL FLEX – Wall system with doors and/or revision terminations
- PRIOELEC – Electrical housing
- PRIODOOR – Fire protection termination
- PRIOOOR ETX – Universally usable, tightly closing revision doors
- PRIODOOR ETX-A / ETX-E – Revision door for a surface flush fitting installation
- PRIODOOR EVX – Revision door for the installation on the wall
- PRIODOOR ETX-RDA – Smoke removal flap
The specific requirements of both certification systems, LEED and DGNB, with respect to sustainability refer to the entire life cycle of a building and the materials used. On one hand, resource efficiency with respect to water, energy and environment are important for the material selection as well as the impact on health. On the other hand, the energy demand, consumption of operating material as well as transport costs should be reduced as much as possible. With the listed product portfolio, PRIORIT supports builders and operating companies on their way to a Green Building.